Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What's for Breakfast? Cassava Porridge!

In rural Angola, the cassava plant is one of the most important foods because of its availability and adaptability to the Angolan environment.  This root vegetable can be transformed into flour, tapioca or even alcohol. Cassava porridge is a common Angolan breakfast.

Cassava is a potato plant that grows to a height of 5-8 feet. It is grown in most of Africa’s countries and other tropic countries in the world. The root is very starchy and that is the portion of the cassava plant used for human consumption. The Cassava root varies from 50-70 cm long. It grows in clusters of 2-6 and is covered with a brownish bark fibrous that is removed by peeling.

The cassava roots are peeled, washed and cooked, boiled or grated and squeezed dry, fermented and then toasted, made into cassava bread or processed into foofoo, a moist foodstuff. Foofoo is prepared by boiling the starchy cassava flour to a thick paste or porridge in water and mixing until the desired consistence is reached. The roots are also used for animal feed and the starch for laundry starch and glue.

Cassava can also be sourced in North America and in Europe . Following, I have added a common North American Cassava Porridge Recipe from TriniGourmet.com

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup cubed cassava
4 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tin condensed milk
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

METHOD:

1. Blend cassava with 2 cups of the water.
2. Boil the other two cups of water with the salt.
3. Slowly pour in the cassava liquid and lower heat.
4. Simmer until creamy (whisk rapidly until the texture thickens and the liquid appears glossy. Don’t be surprised if translucent ‘bits’ appear to settle at the bottom, they are tasteless and can easily be reintegrated through extra whisking or putting the mixture in a blender before continuing to the next step) recipe. 

5 comments:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Testimony On How My Life was Transform through the help of a Godsent Lender.. Hello everyone, I am Kathie Roper by name, am writing this Testimony because am really grateful for what Dr Purva Pius did for me and my family, when I thought there was no hope he came and make my family feel alive again by lending us loan at a very low interest rate of 3%. Well I have been searching for a loan to settle my debts for the past three months all I met scammed and took my money until I finally met a God sent Lender. I never thought that there are still genuine loan lenders on the internet but to my greatest surprise i got my loan without wasting much time so if you are out there looking for a loan of any amount i would advise you to email Dr Purva Pius via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) and be free of internet scams. thanks... Kathie Roper from California, USA.

I am Mrs.Sandra Bents from Germany, God has bless me with two kids and a loving husband, I promise to share this Testimony because of God favor in my life,2months ago I was in desperate need of money so I thought of having a loan then I ran into wrong hands who claimed to be a loan lender not knowing he was a scam. he collected 2,000USD from me and refuse to email me since. then I was confuse, but God came to my rescue, one faithful day I went to Court after the Case of my friend I share idea with a friend and she introduce me to DR PURVA PIUS LOAN COMPANY, she said she was given 50,000USD by Dr Purva Pius, THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF DR PURVA PIUS LOAN COMPANY . so I collected his email Address ,he told me the roles and regulation and I followed, then after processing of the Documents, he gave me my loan of 30,000POUNDS .you can contact him on via email : (urgentloan22@gmail.com) I am sure he will help you.

Jennifer said...

Good Day, Are you in need of a loan? such as loan to pay off your dept, to pay your rent and solve financial problems, here is an opportunity for you, Flora offer home loans, business loans, and bad credit loans, commercial loans, start-up- working capital loans, construction loans, auto loans, hotel loans, xmas loan e.t.c of 3% interest rates per annual repaid, Flora loan takes a maximum of {2} working days,to get to all approved customers across the word contact us at (floralenders001@gmail.com)

Unknown said...

We offer personal Business loans services around the world. We strive to provide high quality service and high customer satisfaction, while possible financial services. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers; We can give you personal loans, auto loans, business / investment loans, short term loans. You can contact us for an affordable loan now at 2% interest rate. Contact us now via E-mail: abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
WhatsApp Number +918929490461
Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

jeffrey cage said...



INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $10,050 USD every week, for six months!

See how it works
Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...
Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address:: besthackersworld58@gmail.com or whats-app +1(323)-723-2568

We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $2,500 on ATM
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
services, we are here for you anytime any day.
Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:
Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD
make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address::besthackersworld58@gmail.com or whats-app +1(323)-723-2568

wizard wilson recovery said...

CONTACT US FOR ALL TYPES OF HACKING JOB We provide professional hacking services, we provide the following services.
-University grades change
-Hack bank accounts
- Delete criminal record hack
-Facebook hack
- Hack Twitter
-Hack email accounts
-Hack for note changes
Website crashed hack
-Server crashed hack
-Skype hack
-Hack databases
-Hack WordPress blogs
- Hack individual computers
- Hack devices remotely
-Burner number
-Verified PayPal Accounts Hack
- Any social media account hack
-Android and iPhone hack
-Hack to intercept SMS
- Email intercept hack
-Bitcoin recovery
-binary multiplication
-Credit Score Upgrade
- Track call log and spy call recording.
Remotely monitor SMS text messages.
Cell phone GPS location tracking. Spy on WhatsApp messages.
-Not discoverable IP etc.
Contact us at wizardwilsonsoftware@Yahoo.com his whatsapp number +1 (321) 621_1089
For further questions..